Be Caring, Be Happy and Always Do Your Best
- To set and maintain the highest standards of achievement for all children.
- To help children to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding in a fast changing world.
- To provide a happy and secure learning environment, fostering self esteem, respect, care and consideration for others and a sense of belonging and pride in the school and the community around them.
- To develop a curiosity and eagerness to learn, meeting the individual needs of each child and giving all children an equal opportunity to develop to the best of their ability.
- To work in partnership with children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community providing strong effective leadership and motivation working together to provide the best possible education for all our children.
- To foster in the children a desire to make a positive contribution to the community in which they live.
- To value creativity, individuality and initiative in a culture of praise and encouragement.
- To create an environment where children can learn to be healthy and promote the long term development of healthy lifestyles.
In January 2016, we decided as a school to become a Values Based School.
Like increasing numbers of schools across the country, we felt the need to reassess our approach to learning and introduce a values-based approach not only into the curriculum but also into every aspect of daily school life.
To this end we consulted with the whole of our school community and chose 22 values which are rooted in fundamental British Values of Democracy, The rule of law, Individual liberty, Mutual respect and Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.